- International activity, with a focus on German-speaking countries.
- The education and training of physicians with special emphasis on psychosomatic and social medicine.
- The encouragement of the development of knowledge and skills and an improved approach to persons suffering from illness in a psychosocial context.
- Increased attention to holistic medicine and the promotion of patient-centered medicine
- Implementation of the principles of a working alliance within the doctor-patient relationship.
- The development and utilization of the ideas and methods of psychosomatic concepts.
- The patient-related education and training of medical students
- The Foundation may apply any measures to promote these purposes, in particular, it may take part in study and research centers or other such efforts. It may, as needed, work in cooperation with specialists or scientists, grant awards and scholarships, organize symposia or seminars and also support publications in psychosomatic and social medicine.